Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Madt 411 Society and Entertainment

The reason I've chosen society and entertainment was because media give a sense of where to be and also gives people a  view on government issues, sports issues, problems in the world and etc. When I was watching television on day I notice something funny about the election in the states and realized I've never taken an interest in voting or actually anything involving political movements. But it caught my attention when I seen Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live, it was an actor that got famous just making fun of a political figure. That was  when I realized how society reacts towards entertainment, it plays a big roll in the world today. 

I started looking at entertainment focusing society to not look at the war and have all its attention on the tabloids and entertainment. Chris Rock has a very good point in his stand up comedy, he mentions how the government is and how it distracts society. Most of what I've seen on television had me noticing how the government plays a big roll on where to lead society. Media portrays an image that is very comfortable for the viewer. For an example, Obama and Mccain were making fun of each other and that had the people like both of them, for myself; it was fake, but still I kept on watching. Than I've been more focused on politics than I've ever been, I love comedy and as soon as I watched Saturday Night Live impersonate Barrack Obama
that happened to be the funniest skit I've ever saw.

I would make myself an example of how the government and entertainment play a good roll in advising societies direction in the world. How I couldn't stand watching politics and now I enjoying Saturday Night Live and MadTV make fun of all these political figures.

Larry Desjarlais


No comments: